- Herbaceous perennial shrub native to creosote bush scrub and dessert chaparral habitats
- Grows well in alkaline soil, both sandy or clay
- 3 to 5 feet tall, spreads to 2-4 feet in width
- Leaves are fuzzy with white hairs on both sides, lobed, veined, and on long stems
- Fruit is a brown capsule containing numerous seeds
- Flowers are bowl-shaped, 5-petaled, apricot to dark orange red in color, and bloom in the spring.
- Limit summer irrigation to Max 1x / month once established
- Requires fast drainage