Wildflower Wonders 2014 is in the planning. Save this date: Saturday, May 3rd!
or phone 916 371-7821 soon!
- Please post our Poster - at your office, and ask if you can post it at your favorite grocery stores. Download copy of WW2014 Poster.
- FREE PLANT if you join CNPS or renew your CNPS membership, then choose a plant from Elderberry Farms!
- 2140 Chase Dr, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670 on the American River Parkway at Soil Born Farms
- Suggested donation $5, but no one will be turned away.
FEATURING: Special Guest Speakers
Wildflower Show, Plant Exhibit, and MORE
This year’s WW will be a showcase of native plants in their natural habitats of our greater Sacramento region.
Plant Community Expert Naturalists and Exhibitors
- Riparian Woodlands, Bonnie Ross
- Vernal Pools, Tara Collins MORE INFORMATION
- California Prairie, Glen Holstein, Ph.D
- Chaparral, John Hunter, Ph.D
- Oak Woodlands, Shannon Datwyler, Ph.D and students
- Hawks, Honkers, & Hoots, a wildlife education organization
- Living Wild, with author Alicia Funk, the Living Wild Project
- Soil Born Farms (with food as well as information!)
- Ethnobotany, Michelle Stevens, Ph.D and students
- Cordova Creek Project - The Water Forum will give you updates on this important project.
Native Plant Sale (on-going, all day)
Once again, CNPS Chapter Nursery Elderberry Farms (specializing in locally native plants) will team with wholesale nursery Cornflower Farms (growing plants native to California and the Western U.S. for the wholesale nursery trade) and Hedgerow Farms (growers specializing in Ca native grasses, forbs, sedges and rushes) to bring you a wide variety of native plants for your garden. We will have an "On-going Drought Tolerant Native Plant Gardening Workshop". This year we’ll have a Professional Landscape Design table: “Ask a Designer”. (Details coming soon) We’ll also have BOOKS! For an availability list of plants & books, see our website in April.
Discovery Zone for all us Kidz (in the Old Schoolhouse) (on-going, all day)
- Focus on Flowers - several microscopes
- Art table - with flowers in vases posing for the artists!
- Scavenger Hunt table (then go outside to gather for the hunt) Prizes for those who complete!
- Quiet corner - featuring a You-Tube video of the life cycle of the Swallowtail Pipevine Butterfly; plus California Gold’s Huell Howser episodes of Mather Vernal Pools and of the American River Parkway.
In addition to Soil Born's coffee and wonderful snacks, gourmet picnic food by the legendary Davis Hotdogger will be available for purchase.
Suggested donation: $5 No one will be turned away for lack of funds.